With the current quarantine situation, I have definitely been cooking at home a lot more and one of my favorite recipes is kimchi fried rice.
I love Korean food! It's very flavorful and full of nutritious ingredients. This recipe is quite quick and can be done easily in 30 minutes which makes it ideal for a weeknight. So let's just dive in!
2 cups jasmine rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 finely chopped garlic
3-4 tablespoons of Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
1 cup of kimchi
1 cup of carrots chopped in small pieces
1/4 of bell pepper chopped in small pieces
1/2 cup of peas
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
*All of the above vegetables can be substituted based on preference
1. Cook 2 cups of jasmine rice and set aside
2. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan or wok
3. Add garlic and onion to the heated oil and let it slightly brown.
4. Add the kimchi and 3-4 tablespoons of Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
--Vary the quantity of chili paste based on spice palate
5. Stir and mix the ingredients for 3-4 mins
6. Add all of the vegetables to the pan or wok and continue to stir mix with well.
7. Add cooked jasmine to the and mix well
8. Add sesame oil, vinegar, and soy sauce and mix well.
9. Finally, plate and serve.
Above is picture taken in a traditional Hanok, which is a traditional Korean House. It is from one of my favorite international trips of all time to Seoul, South Korea. It's such a beautiful country with a rich culture, great people, and amazing food! I really hope to make it back there some day!
Until next time!